June 16, 2013

Sometimes All I Need Is The Air That I Breathe And...

If those lyrics from The Hollies don't welcome you back with open arms I don't know what will.  It turns out, getting the job of your dreams also means you have no time for anything else... SHOCK.  Anyway, I have always said, be the happiness in the life you seek, if you're not happy... do SOMETHING about it!  Now I have the job, even though its kicking my ass, and all I need is everything else... so lets get on that.

Update:

I am in love.  She's four legged and covered in spots... my puppy Josephine.  She makes me giddy for no reason and since getting her, its like the first time I've been really happy for no reason during the day, just because, since the shitastic year of 2011.
Josephine at work.
 Update:
I've wiped the slate clean of men.  While the haunting biological clock and overwhelming thud of the realization that a life alone, where my existence is snuffed out unceremoniously by a pack of wild dogs devouring my body, is imminent... I'm still being pretty optimistic.

Besides, I want to live a meaningful life, one with impact and purpose, not necessarily perfect.  A perfect life, to me, is one one of stress and fury, not one of passion and depth.  Someone once called me shallow and I stand by my retort, "I may be vain, but I am not shallow."  What is that saying?  These rivers run deep.

On this father's day, the second since my dad has gone I have to laugh a little to myself because one of the things that my dad had the most trouble understanding about me was in fact my sensitivity, passion, soul.  He loved those things, I'm sure, along with my silliness and love of animals, and all things impractical.  But your parents don't need to tell you those things, or rather they think its more prudent to tell you the things you need to work on so you can in fact survive and fend for yourself, you know, things of minor importance.

I'll never stop being silly, I saw a dog in Sephora this weekend and i nearly lost my shit, but I have learned to be slightly more practical... besides being things I don't need at Sephora and not so conspicuously following a 90lb German Shepard around a store.

I went to a fun wedding last night, danced the night away and loved every minute of it. I stopped every so often to relish a little bit of life, you only get so many of those nights right?  I don't want to waste them.  Not to sound like some lazy hippy, but take a minute and breathe it in, its pretty sweet right?

As far as love goes and the other 920 nights left in my journey of Bostonian Nights... I don't know, I've never been one to want to know the end of the story before I've even hit the middle, but I'll keep you posted.

                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment